"This Bordeaux chateau is a Second Growth property located in the Left Bank commune of Margaux. The estate was purchased by Pierre des Mesures de Rauzan in 1661, but the land had been divided in two by the time of the 1855 Medoc classification. The two vineyards remain today, Rauzan-Segla and Rauzan-Gassies. Phylloxera plagued the vineyards in the 1860s, leaving them ravaged for the next few decades. In 1903, however, negociant Frederic Cruse took over the estate and set about replanting vines, renovating the facilities, and constructing the house that remains today. In the 1980s, after years of mediocre-performing wines, quality returned to Rauzan-Segla thanks to manager and winemaker Jacques Theo. In 1994, under new ownership of the Chanel Group, the name of the chateau changed from Rausan to Rauzan, its original name. The chateau produces long-lived wines that age for decades. In their youth, they show characteristics of cherry, blackberry, and violets, while cassis and spice take over with maturity. Wines from the late '80s into the early '90s performed extremely well, specifically the '89, '90, and '95. Rauzan-Segla's second wine is simply called Segla. "