"In 1990, Domaines Barons de Rothschild (Lafite) acquired L'Evangile from the Ducasse family, who had run the property since around 1900. DBR was interested in bringing sustained care to the operation. DBR's initial influence included a more refined selection of the fine wines, and the creation of Blason de L'Evangile as a second wine. Efforts also included enhancing the vines' health with a restoration and renewal plan partially completed until 1998. The complete renovation of the vat room and the cellar which was finished in 2004 allowed the property to complete its new configuration. A remarkable decade of vintages from 1995 to 2005 crowned the work with success. Among these, 1995, 1996, 200 and an exceptional 2005 stand out! "