2002 DRC - Echezeaux 750ml

France - Burgundy - Cote de Nuits - Flagey Echezeaux | Grand Cru/ Red / Pinot Noir   |     Watch

BH 92   IWC 91   JR 17+   WA 89   WS 91   Customer 93
2002 DRC - Echezeaux Front View
This wine is currently sold out. However, many times we can still locate this wine for you. Use the contact form below to request assistance.
You can also bid on this wine. Contact us to learn how.

Professional Reviews For This Wine

Burghound | Rating: 92

(approximately 45 year old vines from 2 different climats, 90% of which is in Les Poulaillères and the other 10% is in Clos St. Denis; there was a lot of replanting done here in the decades of the sixties and seventies) No review available

Drink Dates: 2014+
Issue: Issue 17

Professional content appears courtesy of Vinfolio

International Wine Cellar | Rating: 91

($233) Medium red. Aromas of raspberry, red cherry, orange peel, minerals and tobacco, with a bit of exotic, high-toned oak. Juicy, fine-grained and suave, with a restrained sweetness. Lively, lingering flavors of redcurrant, iron and tobacco. Seems better than the 2003.

Author: Stephen Tanzer
Issue: Issue 119

Professional content appears courtesy of Vinfolio

Jancis Robinson | Rating: 17+

Bright ruby. Tight, sweet nose with a hint of violets. Attractive savoury note under lively, quite delicate fruit. There is real lift here. Perhaps not for the very long term but already a very attractive nose. Not mammoth concentration but impressive balance. Still quite noticeable tannins and great persistence – very much house style. Long.

Drink Dates: 2010-2020
Author: Jancis Robinson

Professional content appears courtesy of Vinfolio

Wine Advocate | Rating: 89

The 2002 Echezeaux displays a demure nose of herbal, pepper-laced blackberries. Less generous at this stage than the Vosne, it has a light to medium-bodied character with white pepper, black fruit, and stone flavors. Its long finish reveals highly present, structure-giving tannin.

Drink Dates: 2007-2014
Author: Robert Parker
Issue: 153

Professional content appears courtesy of Vinfolio

Wine Spectator | Rating: 91

Plumper than the Vosne 1er Cru, displaying cherry and a hint of herbaceous vegetal notes. Has yet to absorb the wood, making this a little chunky for now. Fine length.'Non-blind 2002 DRC tasting (February 2005).

Drink Dates: 2014-2027
Author: Bruce Sanderson

Professional content appears courtesy of Vinfolio

Customer Reviews For This Wine

Rating: 93
Author: David S515
Trust Rating: 100
Tasted On: 11/15/2014
Drink Dates: 2014-2018

More Vintages and Sizes of DRC - Echezeaux:

  The Vinfolio Difference  

Since its founding in 2003, Vinfolio has brought the rarest and highest-quality wines to the the collector market. Located in San Francisco and Napa, we are a company of wine experts who understand and value the importance of wine provenance. Our premium supplier relationships and first-in-class technology help us protect your wine from sourcing through shipping with extraordinary care that only we can provide. Don't trust your fine wine with anything less!

Learn More

About This Producer

Domaine de la Romanee Conti (DRC) is Burgundy's most famous estate, producing all grand cru wines from 25 hectares of vines. The wines are made in extremely limited quantities and generate some of the highest prices on the market. DRC produces the grand crus Romanee Conti, La Tache, Richebourg, Romanee Saint Vivant, Grands Echezeaux, Echezeaux and Montrachet, of which both Romanee Conti and La Tache are monopoles.

Aubert de Villiane has farmed the vineyards organically since 1986 and adhered to traditional, natural winemaking practices. Only natural yeasts are used and aging is done in 100% new oak. The wines are characterized by finesse, balance and refinement. They directly reflect their sense of place and have the ability to age while increasing in both character and value.

See all Burgundy producers

See other similar producers: Domaine Henri Jayer, Domaine Armand Rousseau, Domaine Gerard Raphet

Recommended For You

Loading, please wait...

Get early access to new arrivals and special offers