Shop with confidence. Vinfolio guarantees the availability of pre-arrivals, conditions and delivery of every wine we sell in the Vinfolio Wine Store.
If you are not satisfied with your purchase of fine wine from us, or we have made an error with your order, please email us immediately at email@example.com explaining the reasons for your dissatisfaction. Each situation will be reviewed on an individual basis in light of facts and circumstances of that case and resolved promptly. Other than for Vinfolio errors, we generally cannot accept a return if title has been transferred to you for longer than 90 days because the passage of time generally limits our ability to recover credit from our supplier and we have no way of verifying your storage conditions.
It may occur that a supplier of Vinfolio is unable to deliver the quantity or bottle sizes originally sold to Vinfolio which it has then sold to Customer. From the date such a supplier default is determined, Vinfolio guarantees it will attempt to repurchase the wine from another source (for up to three months) to fulfill its commitment to Customer. If, however, Customer wishes to cancel the order without waiting for a replacement to be found, or Vinfolio is unable to source the wine within 3 months at a total cost equal to or below the original retail price paid by Customer, Vinfolio will refund the original amount paid, including applicable sales taxes (without any cancellation fee applied). This guarantee does not apply to delays in pre-arrival deliveries as expected arrival dates provided at the time of purchase are only Vinfolio's best estimates.
We may ask you to return questionable bottles (including both opened and unopened ones) to us for evaluation and for possible return to our supplier. Such bottles must have the Vinfolio-generated barcode label attached as proof that the wine came from us. Should we accept responsibility (in our sole discretion), we will either exchange bottle(s) or issue a credit towards future purchases (including round-trip shipping charges). Set forth below are examples of both valid and invalid reasons for returning wine, which are subject to Vinfolio's investigation, review and final evaluation of the relevant facts and circumstances regarding a particular request for return.
Valid reasons for return:
- Corked or flawed wine. The winery, not Vinfolio, is the source of this problem but we understand it can be disappointing
- Wrong wine was sent (e.g., different vintage than ordered)
- Bottle condition upon arrival was not consistent with our inspection guidelines
- Wine is leaking upon arrival, spoiled or "cooked" (only if it was shipped in accordance with our shipping policy; we do not guarantee condition if you chose to override our shipping policy)
- Shipper errors – we'll file a claim against the shipper
Invalid reasons for return:
- You decide you don't want the wine after title has transferred to you but before the wine has been shipped from our warehouse
- The wine is showing signs of damage after leaving our possession for reasons including without limitation adverse weather conditions during shipment (where you have overridden our shipping policy or for any international shipment), delays caused by failed delivery attempts through no fault of the shipper, improper storage, or other forms of mistreatment
- You don't like the wine
- You received a gift from someone via Vinfolio and want to exchange it
- You overbought and want to return excess wine