About Chateau Lagrange
Believed to have once been home to an order of the Knights Templar in the 14th century, the Bordeaux chateau was acquired by Baron de Brane, of Mouton and Brane-Cantenac fame, before being turned over in the late 18th century to Napoleon's finance minister, who significantly expanded the vineyard. However, it wasn't until a century later that Lagrange wines achieved superior quality. The Cendoya family, who had owned the estate since 1925, sold it off to the Japanese wine and spirits conglomerate Suntory. Under government recommendation, Suntory spent $4 million on renovations ($10 million to date) under the supervision of winemaker Marcel Ducasse, former apprentice to Professor Peynaud.
The estate's second wine is called Les Fiefs de Lagrange
See all Bordeaux
See other similar producers:
Chateau Cos D'Estournel