If Vinfolio doesn't currently ship to your desired zip code, here are some alternatives to consider:
- Ship to an adjacent state or "wet" zip code in a legal state that allows direct shipment of wine.
- Arrange for a third-party shipper to ship your wine to a location anywhere in the world that you designate and in which you take full responsibility for all aspects of legal compliance.
View a list of some of these shippers below; you will need to make arrangements directly with your preferred shipper. We can deliver your wine to your preferred shipper anywhere within the San Francisco Bay Area (plus Napa and Sonoma counties) at no charge provided the delivery is of 6 or more purchased bottles (or you have unused bottle delivery credits from prior purchases). Certain shippers are also willing to do "will call" pick-ups at our warehouses if noted on the list or if you have made arrangements with them. Vinfolio makes no representations or warranties with respect to the ability of third party shippers to send wine into any state or country, but rather leaves all such determinations to the customer.
Here's how to complete some common tasks associated with using a third party shipper:
On step 1 of checkout, if your order contains any pre-arrival wine, it will default to Vinfolio storage. If all wine in your order is in stock, select Use 3rd party shipper of my choice or Add to Vinfolio Storage if you want to transfer it later. If you ultimately intend to take delivery of your wine domestically but outside of CA, we don't need to collect CA sales tax but other state taxes may apply (see sales tax policy) based on the ultimate destination zip code that you will be asked to provide.
Transfers From Vinfolio Storage
When you are ready to transfer your wine to a local third party shipper:
- Sign in to your VinCellar account and select Move wine from Vinfolio in the common tasks list on the upper right.
- Select the wines to transfer. Then on step 3, select Use 3rd party shipper of my choice and complete the wizard by providing the name and local delivery address of your chosen shipper or by authorizing a named shipper to pick up at a specific Vinfolio warehouse.
- Store your wine purchases in our climate-controlled warehouses.
However, unless you are visiting CA to pick up your wine (CA sales taxes will be added upon withdrawal if your original ultimate destination was out of state), you will either need to make alternative shipping arrangements later or possibly sell your wine through Vinfolio (learn more about selling wine).
The following firms specialize in shipping wine within the United States. This list is provided as a courtesy to customers and does not constitute a recommendation or endorsement to use any provider.
122 Dodd Ct
American Canyon, CA 94503
Buffalo Shipping Post
2471 Solano Ave
Napa, CA 94558
St. Helena Shipping Co.
The Packing Co.
1277 San Mateo Ave.
San Bruno, CA 94066