Quinta do Crasto is located on the right bank of the river Douro, halfway between Regua and Pinhao. The quinta covers 130 hectares, of which 70 are planted with grade "A" vineyards. Sitting on a privileged location in the Douro Demarcated Region, Quinta do Crasto has been in the family of Leonor and Jorge Roquette for over a century. Like other great Douro quintas, its origins lie in ancient times (the name CRASTO comes from the Latin word castrum, meaning a Roman fort). References to Quinta do Crasto date as far back as the early seventeenth century, long before the Douro became the world's first demarcated wine region in 1756.